PSY 150 Library Assignment
Finding Psychology Articles Using Academic Search Complete
You can CLICK HERE TO PRINT OR VIEW THE ASSIGNMENT SHEET [PDF] so you can refer back to it while you search the database.
This database requires a username and password in order to access it from off campus. There are several ways that you can GET THE DATABASE PASSWORDS.
- Click the following link to open the database in a new window:
Academic Search Complete
You may need to turn off your pop-up blocker in order to see the new window.
- When a search screen appears, click on the Advanced Search choice (near the top).
- Choose the second option Find all my search terms (under the first green bar).
- Put a check in the Full Text box (under the second green bar).
- Put a check in the box labeled Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals.
- Type the word “psychology” in the search box labeled Publication (optional—this will not work with some topics).
- Go up to the top and type the first part of your search (e.g. drug treatments) in the first search box.
- Type the second part of your search (e.g. bipolar disorder) in the second search box.
- Click the Search button to the right.
- A list of articles on your topic should appear.
- If you get a "no results were found" message, try taking the word "psychology" out of the Publication box, or try fewer or different words for your search (e.g. treatments and bipolar instead of drug treatments and bipolar disorder).
- Click on an individual article to review it and print it out (you may have to click where it says PDF Full Text to see the whole article).