Circulation Policies & Procedures
If you have questions regarding any of the following policies, please contact the Circulation Desk at (252) 493-7350 or email@example.com. You may also want to search our FAQs to see if your question has already been answered.
|General Collection & Audio books||21 days||21 days|
|Software with books||21 days||21 days|
|Public audiovisuals||7 days||21 days|
|*Classroom audiovisuals||non-circulating||21 days|
|*AV equipment||non-circulating||21 days|
|Laptops||2 hours/library only||7 days|
|Reference books||non-circulating||1 day|
*Non-profit community organizations may borrow classroom audiovisual materials and AV equipment for a 24-hour loan period.
**Loan periods for faculty/staff can be adjusted as needed.
Fines on overdue items accumulate at the following rates:
|Type of item||Fee|
|Books||$.05 per day (1 day grace period)|
|Public audiovisuals||$.05 per day|
|Reserve items||$1.00 per day|
- Present your library card at the Circulation Desk (1st floor).
- If you have any overdue items or fines on your library record, you will not be allowed to borrow materials until your account is settled.
- Students may have no more than 10 items checked out at one time.
- Pitt County residents may have no more than 5 items checked out at one time.
- Materials in the public audiovisual collection (such as DVD's) are limited to two items checked out at a time for students and Pitt County residents.
Distance Education Students:
If you are a student who is not enrolled in any on-campus classes, the library will mail a book directly to your home address.
For more information, or to request a book to be sent to you in this manner, please e-mail Teresa Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or bytelephone at (252) 493-7352.
- Bring items to the Circulation Desk (1st floor of library) or . . .
- Place items in the book drop located in the parking lot between the library (Clifton W. Everett Building) and the William E. Fulford Building.
- NOTICE: Not all items can be returned in the book drop. Make sure you check the item for any labels indicating that it should not be returned in the book drop.
- Please return or renew items by the due date stamped on each item.
All overdue materials must be returned and all fines paid before you can register or graduate. Flags are placed on student records when materials are overdue, lost, or have accumulated fines.
You can find out why you have a flag by doing one of the following:
- E-mail the Circulation Desk: email@example.com
- Call the Circulation Desk: (252) 493-7350