How to Place Holds on Items
in PCC Library
If you would like to be notified when a checked-out item has been returned to the Library or would like to reserve an item that is on the shelf, you will need to place a hold on that item. You can do this by using the online library catalog. Once the item becomes available, someone from the Library will contact you to let you know that the item is being held for you.
Held items can be picked up from the Circulation Desk, which is on the 1st floor of the Library.
- From the Search Results list, locate the item you would like to place on hold.
If you need help searching, read the library catalog search tips.
- Click on the item title.
- Click on Place Hold.
- Fill in your user ID number in the first text box. This is the only thing you need to fill out. Do not change or edit any other fields. Then click on the Place Hold button.
- What is my user ID?
Your user ID number is the number that is found on the barcode on your library card. PCC students who use their student ID as their library card will find the barcode on the back of their student ID. Community patrons with a library card will find their barcode number on the front of their PCC library card. If you have not used your library card in a while, you may need to call the Library (493-7350) to make sure that your library account has not expired.
- The next screen should list your name and user ID#, along with the title and author of the item being held. The pickup location should be Pitt.
- If there are any problems with your account you will get a message such as: "User Blocked" or "User Not Found." If this is the case you will need to contact the Circulation Desk at PCC Library (493-7350 or email@example.com) in order to find out why. Some reasons these messages occur include: overdue items, library fines, expired library account, etc.
- When the item is available for pickup, you will be notified. Held items can be picked up from the Circulation Desk, which is on the 1st floor of the Library.
Need Help? Ask a Librarian!