How to Request Books from Other Libraries Using the Library Catalog
The library catalog allows you to request items that are located at any of the other North Carolina community college libraries (CCLINC) that share our catalog.
- Go to the Library Catalog.
- Change the "library" from Pitt to ALL using the drop-down menu.
- If you are unsure about how to search the library catalog, read the Library Catalog Search Tips.
Once you have selected an item that you would like to request, you will need to place a hold on the item. Click on the item title.
- Click on Place Hold, which is located at the top of the left-hand column of links.
- Fill in your user ID number in the first text box. This is the only thing you need to fill out. Then click on the Place Hold button.
What is my user ID?
Your user ID number is the number that is found on the barcode on your library card. PCC students who use their student ID as their library card will find the barcode on the back of their student ID. Community patrons with a library card will find their barcode number on the front of their PCC library card. If you have not used your library card in a while, you may need to call the library (493-7350) to make sure that your library account has not expired.
- You should see your name and the title of the book you requested appear on the screen.
- If there are any problems with your account you will get a message such as:
"User Blocked" or "User Not Found." If this is the case you will need to contact the Circulation Desk at PCC Library (493-7350 or firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to find out why. Some reasons these messages occur include: overdue items, library fines, expired library account, etc.
- When the item has arrived at PCC Library, you will be notified. Please allow at least 5-10 business days for delivery of the item.
Need Help? Ask a Librarian!